To request additional information about volunteering with St. Joseph Hospice
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -Mother Theresa
What Do Volunteers Do?
PATIENT AND CAREGIVER SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
Enhance the quality of life for patients and their loved ones. Volunteers work in the payient's home or in a facility such as a nursing home or assisted living community.
- Provide Companionship, a listening ear and practical assistance
- Befriend patients by sharing an activity, reading to them and offering emotional support
- Run errands, provide light housekeeping or yard work
- Assist with small tasks that help a patient feel better: polish fingernails, write a letter, etc.
- Sit with patient to give caregivers a little respite/break
Provide clerical and administrative support to the office personnel and departments.
- Mailings, phone support, filing, making copies and other special reports
- Prepare refreshments for support groups and other training events
- Assist during training events
- Assist during annual Memorial Service and Children's Bereavement Camp