What Do Volunteers Do?
PATIENT AND CAREGIVER SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
Enhance the quality of life for patients and their loved ones. Volunteers work in the payient's home or in a facility such as a nursing home or assisted living community.
- Provide Companionship, a listening ear and practical assistance
- Befriend patients by sharing an activity, reading to them and offering emotional support
- Run errands, provide light housekeeping or yard work
- Assist with small tasks that help a patient feel better: polish fingernails, write a letter, etc.
- Sit with patient to give caregivers a little respite/break
Provide clerical and administrative support to the office personnel and departments.
- Mailings, phone support, filing, making copies and other special reports
- Prepare refreshments for support groups and other training events
- Assist during training events
- Assist during annual Memorial Service and Children's Bereavement Camp
To request additional information about volunteering with St. Joseph Hospice
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -Mother Theresa